The purpose of Bragi’s Hall is to showcase creative works by Forn Sidr practitioners. It’s a place to highlight devotional artwork, literature, rituals, music, poetry, and other expressions of spirituality by voices in the Heathen community.
If you’d like to submit to Bragi’s Hall, please read these Guidelines closely.
You may submit up to 2 original works per category at one time and only 1 work will be chosen per category per submitter per month.
- The purpose of this showcase is to highlight our Forn Sidr and American Heathen Community. To submit, you must consider yourself a part of that community in some manner. Blended paths are welcome.
- All work must meet our Guidelines for submission.
- You must consider your primary residence to be in North America.
- Submission of your work does not guarantee it’ll be showcased in Bragi’s Hall. While we would love to present everyone’s work, time and space constraints mean we must select a limited number. Like any showcase publication, we’ll be presenting a sampling of voices in the community each month.
- This is not an art contest. We select a wide sampling of work from all levels of proficiency. Work will be selected based on its representation of Forn Sidr practice and overall impact.
- All works submitted must be complete works and not works in progress.
Categories we accept:
- Visual – Traditional Art, Digital Art, Sculpture, Photography, Video
- Written – Prose, Poetry, Short Stories (Fiction and Creative Non-Fiction), Retellings, Devotional Pieces, Rituals, Recipes, and Spells.
- Audio – Music or Spoken Word; Poetry, Short Stories, Dramatization, Powerful Speech, Rap Battles, Instrumental, and Vocals.
If you aren’t sure if we have a category for your work, never fear. If accepted, we’ll find a way to showcase it.
Categories we do not accept:
- Academic papers, articles, or essays.
- Opinion pieces or political pieces.
- Works that are unrelated to the spiritual practice or metaphysical practice of Forn Sidr/Heathenry.
- White nationalist and pro-fascist motivated pieces.
- Pop Culture portrayals of Norse Figures or designs that are similar to reserved Trademarks.
If you’re not sure if your work meets submission guidelines, feel free to reach out and ask.
- Must be your own original creation and within your right to release limited copyrights to FSoA (See Submission Terms for details).
- Must appropriately exhibit the values and tenets of Forn Sidr of America.
- Must be focused upon the submitter’s own spiritual experiences.
- Must be framed in ways that uphold and promote consent, where appropriate (particularly to Rituals).
- Must uses inclusive language when referring to gender. Check out this guide if you’re unsure.
- Uses language that respects people of all physical and mental capabilities (Does not present bodily normativity and neurotypicality as the goal. Avoids disparaging language based on these factors of identity. Avoids comparisons between ability types.)
- Does not compare other faiths with Forn Sidr and does not disparage other faiths.
- Social justice narratives must be submitted by those who experience the specific kind of oppression being referenced.
- Should not seek to further disempower marginalized and oppressed identities or disparage accommodations made to them.
- Does not make assumptions and overarching statements defining the identity of Heathenry.
Please submit all written work as a .docx file. Contact submissions if you need to use a different file type.
PROPERTY RIGHT AND TERMS OF SUBMISSION TO BRAGI’S HALL
By submitting intellectual property to Bragi’s Hall at Forn Sidr of America you are agreeing to the Terms of Submission outlined herein.
By submitting to Bragi’s Hall you are agreeing that you, as the Creator, own all right, title, and interest in and to of the intellectual property submitted. Creator additionally warrants that the Creator has all necessary rights required to grant Forn Sidr of America use of this work.
The Creator, hereby releases, and Forn Sidr of America does accept, the absolute and unconditional right to reproduce, distribute, perform, and/or display the submitted Intellectual Property on Forn Sidr of America websites and social media for the purpose of showcasing creative works. You, the Creator agree to the display of this submitted Intellectual Property alongside other creative works.
Forn Sidr of America will not utilize, distribute, market or otherwise display your Intellectual Property for the purpose of display on merchandise, fundraising, or political causes. If you are okay with having your Intellectual Property displayed on official Forn Sidr of America merchandise and promotional material, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Creator shall retain all Intellectual Property Rights over their work and may request its removal from our publications at any time via written request. Forn Sidr of America agrees that upon receiving a removal request we will remove the Intellectual Property in a timely manner, with the understanding that the Intellectual Property may remain on prior iterations and archives of online media.